Crucial is one of the industry leaders when it comes to high speed storage and memory solutions and has long been a favourite for gamers everwhere. At CES this year Crucial has announced their latest SSD offering, the MX500.
The Crucial MX500 SSD features second generation Micron 3D NAND technology and comes in at around 45 times more eneergy efficiiant than your standard hard drives.
The MX500 is available in 250GB, 500GB, 1TB and 2TB sizes in the 2.5 inch form factor and up to 1TB in the M.2 form factor. Boasting sequential reads of up to 560MBs and sequential writes of up to 510 MBs the MX500 easily helps provide high speed performance where it matters, perfect for gamers and enthusiasts.
The Crucial MX500 SSD sports a host of features including:
● Dynamic Write Acceleration for faster saves and file transfers
● Hardware-based encryption to keep personal files and confidential data secure
● Integrated Power Loss Immunity to avoid unintended data loss when the power unexpectedly goes out
● Exclusive Data Defense to prevent files from becoming corrupted and unusable
● Redundant Array of Independent NAND to protect data at the component level
● Great price/performance ratio and superior reliability
● 45 times more energy efficient than a typical hard drive4
● AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption keeps data safe and secure from hackers and thieves
● Adaptive Thermal Protection limits temperatures within the drive
● Compatible with the Crucial® Storage Executive tool for easy drive maintenance
● Easy installation with a step-by-step guide at uk.crucial.com/ssd-install
● Free Acronis® True Image™ HD software included for easy data migration
● Micron® 2nd Generation 64-layer 3D TLC NAND
● Sequential reads/writes up to 560/510 MB/s
● Random reads/writes up to 95K/90K IOPS1
● Capacities up to 2TB2
● 2.5-inch and M.2 Type 2280 form factors
● 5-year limited warranty
“This next generation MX500 SSD features a stackable 64-layer, 256-gigabit component. Micron’s floating gate NAND is designed with CMOS Under the Array (CUA), which allows us to minimise the footprint of the die. At 59 square millimeters, it’s among the world’s smallest 256-gigabit die,” said Jon Tanguy, Crucial Senior SSD Product Engineer.
For more information on the new Crucial MX500 SSD check out the official Crucial page.